My Favorite Sweet & Savory Chicken Salad
There is really no wrong way to make a chicken salad. This is fuss-free version has all my favorite components like sweet golden raisins, walnuts, and Granny Smith apples which are my favorite. On to the recipe!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 Tbsp dried basil leaves
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 Granny Smith apples, chopped
- 1 cup of golden raisins
- 1 – 1/2 cup Hellmann’s Mayonnaise Dressing with Olive Oil
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- Clean chicken breasts and place in a pot. Cover with water and cook until tender, about 30 minutes. I like to add garlic powder to the water but this is optional.
- While chicken is cooking, chop the apples and walnuts and place them in a large bowl. Add golden raisins to the bowl.
- Remove chicken from pot and place on a plate to cool. Place the chicken in a food processor, season with salt and pepper and shred. You may shred by hand if you prefer.
- Add chicken, mayonnaise, and dried basil to the chopped apples, walnuts and raisins; stir mixture well to combine.
- Cover and chill for an hour. To make chicken salad sandwiches I recommend french baguettes. Yum!